TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to STUDIO WELLNESS!
The STUDIO WELLNESS (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) is designed to provide you with information about STUDIO WELLNESS, its Staff, Teachers and our programs, services and products. These Terms & Conditions of Use (this “Agreement”) apply to all products, services and Websites offered by WELLNESS STUDIO.
1. Acceptance of Terms This Agreement sets forth legally binding terms for your use of our Website. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a “Student” (which means that you have registered on the Website as a student or customer). If you do not accept the terms of this Agreement, you should leave the Website and discontinue use of the Service immediately. We may modify this Agreement from time to time, and such modification shall be effective upon its posting on the Website. You agree to be bound by any modification to this Agreement when you use the Website after any such modification is posted; it is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly.
2. Payments & Bookings
Advance class bookings and membership/pass purchases should be completed online using PayPal, accessible through the Pricing & Packaging page of this website. In order to guarantee class space, a complete advance booking must be made, including completing the release form and payment via PayPal. Reservations can also be facilitated by phone and email. Walk-in registration is available, subject to class space. All classes, passes, and memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
To register as a Studio Wellness student you must be at least 18 years of age. Students under the age of 18 are required to provide written consent from a parent and/or legal guardian. Registration details provided must be correct and complete.
10 class passes expire 100 days after initial use.
2. Waiver and Release This site offers information relating to the practice and philosophy of Essentrics, Yoga, Pilates, Physical Activity, Nutrition, Wellness, Aromatherapy and a holistic lifestyle and is designed for educational purposes only. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce the risk of injury in your case, consult your doctor before beginning any exercise program. The instructions and advice presented are in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician. Do not disregard, avoid or delay obtaining medical or health related advice from your health-care professional because of something you may have read on this site. The use of any information provided on this site is solely at your own risk. The Material on this Site may not be tailored to match your energy, health or fitness level. If you are concerned about whether any exercises identified on this Site or in any of the Material are right for you, do NOT do them unless and until you have cleared it with your physician.
Studio Wellness disclaims any liabilities or loss in connection with the exercises and advice herein. Participate at your own risk.
3. General Registration Requirements If you wish to become a user or customer or communicate via the Website with other users, and/or otherwise make use of the Service, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the registration process. In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of Canada or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form available on the Website (the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, STUDIO WELLNESS reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof) at any time. Use of the Service and membership/studentship on the Website is void where or if law prohibits it.
Website Content (as defined in Section 6) is provided to you “AS IS” for your information and personal use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of STUDIO WELLNESS. STUDIO WELLNESS reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
You may access Website and Content as available:
• for your information and personal use; and
• as intended through the normal functionality of the STUDIO WELLNESS Service
4. Health Disclaimer Physical exercise, in all of its forms and with or without the use of equipment such as blocks, barre, chair or any other equipment that may be suggested by an ESSENTRICS instructor, is a strenuous physical activity. As is the case with any physical activity, the risk of injury, even serious or disabling, is always present and cannot be entirely eliminated. Your agreement acknowledges that you understand that in an Essentrics class you will progress at your own pace. If you experience any pain or discomfort, you will listen to your body, adjust the posture, use yoga props, and ask for support from the teacher. You will continue to breathe smoothly. If at any point you feel overexertion or fatigue, you will honor your body, respect its limitations, and rest before continuing your practice. Essentrics is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Yoga is not safe under certain medical conditions and this studio recommends that you consult with a doctor before beginning this or any exercise routine.
Accordingly, you are urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician before beginning any physical exercise regimen, routine, program or using any suggested equipment. STUDIO WELLNESS is not a medical organization and its instructors or staff cannot give you medical advice or diagnosis. All suggestions and comments relating to the use of equipment, poses, moves and instruction are not required to be performed by you and are carried out at your election while engaging in STUDIO WELLNESS offerings. Nothing contained in this Website or in our live programming should be construed as any form of such medical advice or diagnosis. By agreeing, you acknowledge that participation in yoga classes exposes you to a possible risk of personal injury. You are fully aware of this risk and hereby release STUDIO WELLNESS, its owners, and/or its instructors from any and all liability, negligence or other claims arising from, or in any way connected with, your participation in Essentrics or other training programs.
You affirm that you, alone, are responsible for deciding to practice Essentrics, and hereby agree to irrevocably release and waive any claims that you have now, or hereafter may have, against STUDIO WELLNESS, its owners, and/or its instructors. Your agreement in checking the box upon checkout acknowledges that you shall not now or at any time in the future, bring any legal action against STUDIO WELLNESS, its owners and/or its instructors; and that this waiver is binding on you, your heirs, your spouse, your children, your legal representatives, your successors and your assigns. Your agreement further verifies that you are physically fit and a licensed medical doctor has verified your physical condition for participation in this type of class. If you are pregnant, become pregnant or are post-natal, checking the box upon checkout verifies that you are participating in yoga classes with your doctor’s full approval. Your agreement is binding to this liability waiver from this day forth.
5. Minors The Site’s content is not directed to persons under eighteen (18) years of age, and by providing information about yourself to STUDIO WELLNESS you are representing that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
6. Responsibility for Content You, and not STUDIO WELLNESS, are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website. STUDIO WELLNESS does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that you deem offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will STUDIO WELLNESS be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred at any time as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
7. Changes. Changes may be made to the Terms at any time without notice by updating this posting. You agree to review the Terms regularly and your continued access or use of the Site will mean that you agree to any changes.
8. Health Waiver All services purchased from STUDIO WELLNESS must be preceded by the applicant acknowledging, by the way of completing a Health Release Waiver Form, that he/she has no physical limitations preventing him/her from participation. Furthermore, all applicants release STUDIO WELLNESS, its owners, directors, managers and all employees of all liability regarding 1) any injury to self 2) any loss or damage to personal properties. In order to ensure an appropriate and relaxing environment and experience for all of our Guests, Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Updated: September 1, 2015.