Are you getting ready for your Essentrics Training Program with us at Studio Wellness?
To help you have the best class, here are some tips to help you keep your energy up during your workout. Because I’m sure you’ve experienced fatigue in the middle of your class and ready to take a nap!
And, I don’t want you to get disappointed and stop coming to class, so here are 5 easy tips you can incorporate in your daily life, quickly.
- Stay hydrated. Drink one glass of water before class as well as drink water during class. It’s been reported that dehydration is the number one cause for afternoon sluggishness.
- Eat before and after exercise. Try to eat complex carbs before class and some protein after class. Remember, this is just a suggestion and it is best that you listen to your body and eat what works for you.
- Eat the right stuff. While everyone promotes whole wheat, I prefer foods that help promote “good gut bacteria” like sourdough rye bread with goat’s milk cheese. Whatever you choose to eat, stay away from refined carbohydrates such as white bread and white rice – these may give you a sudden surge of energy because they raise your blood glucose followed by feeling hungry and tired.
- Good night sleep. According to a Stanford University study, basketball players showed they made more accurate shots and felt less fatigued by sleeping 10 hours or more. Turn off that computer and get to bed early, you’ve got an Essentrics class tomorrow!
- Do what you like. Been bored lately? I know the feeling and then I found Essentrics. Why not try a free class, it may be what you need to get moving again!